EUROPEN website usage terms and conditions
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• The material contained on this web site is for general information and use only. It does not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making (or refraining from making) any decision. This content is provided "as is” and “as available”. The information placed on this web site is offered in utmost good faith, and EUROPEN endeavours to make its best effort to up-date the information on a regular basis, but it is not claimed to be exhaustive, complete, timely and/or accurate. Neither EUROPEN nor any contributor will be liable for loss or damages of any nature whatsoever resulting from the use of or reliance on the information contained in this web site.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• The content of this website, any dispute arising out of the website, and your relationship with us are governed by Belgian law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Brussels, Belgium.
EUROPEN in accordance with the the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (the EU GDPR) effective 25 May 2018, commits to respect the privacy of its contacts and its members and describes hereunder its privacy practices.
Data Privacy Rights
How does EUROPEN collect personal data? As a EUROPEN member or an external stakeholder, you may provide us with personal data information when using our website, interacting with us on social media, registering for events or subscribing to updates on our organisation. Some of this data is considered as personal data under the EU GDPR.
Why does EUROPEN collect personal data? For the purpose of contacting you, fulfilling your online requests or providing you with relevant and updated information about our organisation, its activities and positions.
EUROPEN processes personal data for the following purposes:
Membership management and general administration: EUROPEN processes personal data of the contact persons of its members for the purpose of administering or informing its membership or for the governance of the association. EUROPEN also processes the personal data of representatives and contact persons of entities with which EUROPEN contracts, such as services providers or consultancies.
For research, publication and advocacy purposes: EUROPEN processes contact details of journalists, Members of European Parliament, officials from the European Commission and from EU Member States, academics, consultants and industry experts and European affairs stakeholders for the purposes of carrying out its research and advocacy activities.
For events organisation: EUROPEN processes identification details of registered participants to events and conferences it organises for the purpose of managing the registration, invoicing and participation to such events. For information purposes: EUROPEN processes identification data from individuals who register themselves on EUROPEN’s website and give their express consent to receive information from EUROPEN.
How long does EUROPEN keep your personal data?
Will EUROPEN share my personal data?
As a non-profit organisation EUROPEN does not share or sell any personal data to third parties for any commercial purposes. Personal data may be shared with EUROPEN members for the same legitimate interest and purpose EUROPEN uses them.
Cookies are files stored on your computer which enable us to track your computer’s use of EUROPEN’s website.
When interacting with our social media channel ie: Twitter, your consent and personal data use are covered by the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each of thee Twitter social media platform.
More about Data Protection and Privacy Rights:
Please consult the Belgian supervisory authority - the Commission for protection of privacy - at https://www.privacycommission.be/en.